Browse by Region
The Assembly of States Parties (ASP) met for the first time in The Hague, The Netherlands during its Third Session in September 2004. Credit: ICC-CPI / Wim Van Cappellen.
- First Session: 3-10 September 2002. Resumed Sessions took place from 3-7 February and from 21-23 April 2003, at United Nations Headquarters in New York, under the chairmanship of Prince Zeid Ra’ad Zeid al Hussein of Jordan.
- Second Session: the Assembly of States Parties held its Second Session from 8-12 September 2003 in New York.
- Third Session: the ASP's Third Session was held in The Hague from 6-10 September 2004. On the agenda were, among others, the election of a new Deputy Prosecutor and the election of new members for the Committee on Budget and Finance (CBF.)
- Fourth Session: took place from 28 November - 3 December 2005, also in The Hague. A resumed Fourth Session of the Assembly took place in New York on 26-27 January 2006, in order to conduct the election of the judges.
- Fifth Session: of the Assembly of States Parties took place in The Hague from 23 - 25 November and 27 November - 1 December 2006. A resumed meeting of the Fifth Session dedicated to the Special Working Group on the Crime of Aggression took place in New York from 29 – 31 January 2007.
- Sixth Session: took place from 30 November - 14 December 2007 in New York. A resumed Sixth Session took place 2 - 6 June 2008, also in New York.
- Seventh Session: took place from 14 - 22 November 2008. Two resumed Seventh Sessions took place in New York on 19 - 23 January and 9 - 13 February 2009. The first resumed session was dedicated to the election of the judges; the second session was dedicated to the Special Working Group on the Crime of Aggression.
- Eighth Session: of the ASP took place from 18-26 November 2009 in The Hague and the resumed session will take place from 22-25 March 2010 in New York. Issues discussed included cooperation between States Parties and the Court and the review conference.
- Ninth Session: of the ASP took place from 6-10 December 2010 in New York during which the election of new CBF members was discussed.
- Tenth Session: of the ASP took place on 12-21 December 2011 in New York during which States parties elected the next ICC prosecutor, a new ASP President, two new ASP Vice-Presidents, six new judges, as well as members of the ASP Bureau and the Committee on Budget and Finance.
- Eleventh Session: of the ASP took place on 14-22 November 2012 in The Hague, during which a number of side-events were organized to mark the Court’s 10th anniversary, as well as plenary sessions on complementarity and cooperation.
- Twelfth Session: of the ASP will be held in The Hague on 20-28 November 2013.